Fight Focused Handgun V picks up right where Fight Focused Handgun III left off. The main focus inside of this course is to become completely ambidextrous. When we talk of the most advanced levels of the handgun, the need for completely ambidextrous skill sets simply cannot be understated. Whether the need for these skills is due to being injured inside of the fight, being injured outside of the fight, for shooting around cover, or having the ability to shoot to any angle on the clock while moving dynamically, when you need these skills, you are going to need them as bad as you have ever needed anything. Another arena where you are going to need to be completely ambidextrous, if you want to be as prepared as you can possible be is the arena of CQB and clearing of structures. Learning to apply ambidextrous skills to your “clearing” tool box will make you a safer and more dangerous fighter.
What you will learn inside of this course is the essentials to being able to fight with your handguns, at the highest levels possible.
Mirrored set ups are strongly recommended inside of this course, but not absolutely necessary.
Approximately 750 rounds (minimum):
As always “Bring more if you want to shoot more”
- Injured shooters drills
- The importance of the thumbs forward/locked wrist grip
- Injured shooters malfunction clearances
- A look at back up guns and the varying carry options
- Transfers and transitions
- The benefits of mirrored set ups
- Repetition to get your non-primary hand up to speed
- The retention concept applied to the non-primary hand
- Ambidextrous completely versatile draw stroke
- Ambidextrous movement matrix